This sweet treat is so refreshing. Whether you eat it, juice it, or add it to your water the health benefits make this fruit even sweeter.
Check out some of the benefits of watermelon.
1. Immune booster – With the large amounts of Vitamin C, watermelon will help the immune system. Vitamin C also helps recover wounds and prevent cell damage.
2. Supports the kidneys – Watermelon is a natural diuretic, it is also known to help the liver process ammonia, waste from protein digestion, this gets rid of excess fluids while easing strain on the kidneys.
3. Reduces body fat – Watermelon has an amino acid called citrulline in it. This amino acid is known to help both your muscle recovery time after a workout and reduce fat cells.
4. Loaded with lycopene – Known to have twice as much lycopene as a tomato, this antioxidant will help the heart and bones. It also has cancer fighting agents. Lycopene will keep your skin looking young and prevent osteoporosis.
5. Keeps eyes sharp – The beta carotene in watermelon converts to vitamin A. This strengthens the eyes and protects against night blindness.
Indulge and enjoy the taste and benefits that watermelon has to offer.
Now, since the sun is shining bright, you might have a taste for a watermelon inspired cocktail.
BRIO Tuscan Grille will have watermelon-inspired seasonal cocktails and $5 daily specials until 8.27.17. Dine-in only.
The specials include:
- Tuesdays: Melon-Rita: Fresh watermelon, Jose Cuervo, fresh lime juice, salted rim; $8.50
- Wednesdays: Melon-Kick Martini: Fresh watermelon, Bacardi Limon, apple juice, lime, jalapeño; $8.50
- Thursdays: Melon-Berry Mojito: Fresh watermelon, strawberries, mint, Cruzan Strawberry Rum, fresh lime juice; $7.75