When it comes to finishing our to-do lists and being productive it can be a bit overwhelming. One thing that I realized is as soon as my responsibilities get out of my head and on some paper it doesn’t seem so bad. With a lot of tasks and little time, sometimes it is hard to be present and get things done.
Here are five tips that will keep you calm and productive.
1. Write it down – There is something that helps getting things down on paper. When you can see what you have to do, it makes it easier to organize your day and thoughts.
2. Take time-Think about the length of time of each task. Then see if you can effectively do a few things at a time. While the clothes are washing clean up. As both are done and you need to fold clothes, go ahead and return that phone call that you have wanted to make all week and talk while you are folding. When it comes to time, look at your full day and allocate a specific time to each task that you have to do. When you look back you can see how productive you’ve been.
3. Focus – This depends on the task. I know when I have to get a lot of writing done, I shut down the tabs and focus specifically on what I am doing. No interruptions. This helps me stay present and enjoy the full experience of creating.
4. Understand yourself – Understand where your productivity points are. Pay attention throughout the day and see how much you get done and when. If the afternoon gives you brain drain, and you have energy in the evening, the afternoon is the time you can do something that doesn’t require a lot of energy.
5. Look at the Bigger Picture – Once you understand your work style, schedule accordingly. Map out your week and/or month. Then you can reflect back on what you accomplished and any changes that you want to make. When you see everything that you’ve done, go celebrate your wins.
What do you do to stay productive?