Cauliflower is a wonderful substitute for those who are carb lovers. You can make mock mashed potatoes, pizza with cauliflower crust, and bread sticks just to name a few. I was happy to find some of these recipes because I love me some carbs but it is not the best thing for me to eat. The cool thing about cauliflower is the fact that it is packed with a lot of vitamins and minerals. Check out some of the many health benefits of cauliflower.
Benefits of Cauliflower
1. Abundance of Antioxidants – With a healthy dose of vitamin C, beta-carotene, and phytonutrients cauliflower will help fight against free radicals and aid in the reduction of disease.
2. Heart Helper – Cauliflower is known to help heart health. The Sulforaphane in cauliflower improves blood pressure and kidney function.
3. Weight Release – With one serving only 25 calories, this vegetable is full of vitamins and minerals. With its healthy dose of fiber, cauliflower helps you feel full faster while keeping your digestive tract regular. It also detoxes the blood and liver.
4. Overload of Vitamins and Minerals – Cauliflower is loaded with vitamins and minerals. This veggie has a good source of vitamin C, K, and a collection of B vitamins. The minerals include niacin, magnesium, folate, potassium, protein, folic acid, and fiber just to name a few.
5. Reduces Inflammation- With its Omega-3 properties and vitamin K, cauliflower is known to decrease arthritis and diabetes.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
1 medium head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small florets (about 6 to 7 cups)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Fine sea salt and spices, to taste
Cook Cauliflower until tender. Drain the water Put the cauliflower into a food processor until smooth Add season and enjoy!
Let us know in the comments below. Do you like cauliflower?
Peace and Blessings,
PS: My children’s book about health Vernon the Vegetable Man is for sale.
A healthy and fun activity guide to compliment the book is coming soon.
Stay in the calming loop, sign up for updates and free tips to live a calm and healthy lifestyle.